Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 23, 2015

EMILY JANE BRONTE 1818-48

A portrait painted by her brother Branwell

-o0o-

O DREAM. WHERE ART THOU NOW?

O dream, where art thou now?
 Long years have passed away
Since cast from off thine angel brow
 I saw the light decay.

Alas! alas for me!
 Thou wert so bright and fair,
I could not think thy memory
 Would yield me nought but care!

The moonbeam and the storm,
 The summer eve divine,
The silent night of solemn calm,
 The full moon's cloudless shine

Were once entwined with thee,
 But now with weary pain.
Lost vision! 'tis enough for me
 Thou canst not shine again.

This English novelist and poet was a member of the famous Bronte family. She is particularly remembered as the writer of Wuthering Heights. Her sisters Charlotte 1816-55 and Anne 1820-49 were also poets and novelists, and their brother Branwell 1817-48 was a painter and writer.

-o=0=o-

No comments:

Post a Comment