Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

LITTLE LESSONS
Anonymous
(From The Point of View, U.S., 1905)

"The love I bear you, dearest,
Would make the sweetest tale,
We'd sail upon a sea of bliss,
And I would lift the sail.
Our happiness would be sublime,
Surpassing tongue or pen.
You may as well learn things from me,
As to learn from other men."

"Oh! you have touched me - deeply"
The young thing whispered low.
He pleaded: "Come! oh! come with me."
She could not answer: "No."
She said: "I'll be your pupil."
And softly added then:
"I may as well learn things from you
As to learn from other men."

They dined alone that evening,
And the young man got his wish.
They even broke the unwritten law
Of: "Never before the fish."
At half-past-three, next morning,
He staggered home again.
She had taught him tricks he never knew,
That she'd learned from other men. 

The new blog ART BY 20TH CENTURY WOMEN PAINTERS began on Monday

-o=0=o-


No comments:

Post a Comment