Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 14, 2016

THOUGHTS BY A SECLUDED POND
Brenda Quin

Would that I were young
again, and able to seize 
and capture the passing years, 
slow them in their 
race with time.

If I were young again and
had the gift of words that
once came easily. Words and 
time to share my stories,
perhaps, my hopes and my 
desires.

Time to rest upon the mossy 
bank, above the small secluded
pond. A place of peace
and beauty, the sunlight
filtering through the trees above,
the pond so still, no ripples 
disturb its surface.

But time passes in a flash, and
all we have is now, and
all tomorrows soon become 
today.

If I were young again, could
I make the past years ones 
of laughter, love and continuity,
without the present knowing?
If I were young again.

These verses are in a collection of poems available at - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006HIR3YU

-o=0=o-

No comments:

Post a Comment